Mandatory Electronic Prescribing Effective March 27, 2015
Electronic prescribing is a paperless process.
A prescription generated on an electronic system that is printed out to the Official New York State Prescription form or faxed is NOT an electronic prescription.
- Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances Frequently Asked Questions - Updated October 2014 (PDF, 242KB)
- Electronic Prescribing Important Notification to Practitioners - July 2014 (PDF, 295KB)
- Electronic Data Transmission Frequently Asked Questions - Updated July 2014 (PDF, 212KB)
- Pharmacy EPCS Registration (DOH-5120) (PDF, 89KB)
- Practitioner EPCS Registration (DOH-5121) (PDF, 89KB)
- ASAP 4.2 Letter to Pharmacies Regarding Requirements for Submission of Controlled Substance Dispensed Data (PDF, 225KB)
- Spring 2013 (PDF, 503KB)
Laws and Regulations
- Changes to Controlled Substance Schedules Section 3306 of the Public Health Law
- Electronic Prescribing and Dispensing of Controlled Substances is now permissible in New York State Effective March 27, 2013 – Updated April 2013
- Electronic Prescriptions and Records for Hypodermic Needles and Hypodermic Syringes - Updated October, 2013
- Prescription Drug Reform Act Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP) - Updated September, 2013