Gold STAMP Program to Reduce Pressure Ulcers
The Gold STAMP Program to Reduce Pressure Ulcers is a coalition of organizations convened in New York State to provide resources and education across the continuum of care to improve the assessment, management and prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Provide and promote the use of information, education and standardized practices for pressure ulcer assessment, management and prevention across the continuum of care.
- Promote collaboration and communication within and throughout the continuum of care and other key stakeholders related to pressure ulcer assessment, management and prevention.
- Provide strategic direction and support for pressure ulcer performance improvement.
- Promote and expand engagement of hospitals, nursing homes and home care agencies in Gold STAMP principles.
- Promote and expand engagement of physicians and other advanced practice clinicians/professionals in Gold STAMP principles.
- For more information, please visit: www.goldstamp.org
- Maintain web-based resources for the assessment, management and prevention of pressure ulcers at www.goldstamp.org.
- Update and maintain Gold STAMP Program Pressure Ulcer Resource Guide of evidence-based practices and tools for the assessment, management and prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Provide these materials for health care providers, as well as patients, residents and their families related to pressure ulcers, specifically to address patients/residents who currently have pressure ulcers and patients/residents who are at risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Provide tools which enable providers across the continuum of care to conduct assessments of their own organizational processes related to the assessment, management and prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Encourage performance measurement as it relates to pressure ulcers (i.e., incidence and prevalence).
- Promote and facilitate communication within and across the continuum of care.
- Distribute resources to existing local and regional collaborations focusing on pressure ulcer improvement.
- Provide education which promotes the evidence-based practices for pressure ulcer improvement and communication within and between care settings.
- Provide support and strategic direction for utilizing the tools and resources made available by the New York State Gold STAMP coalition.
For more information, please visit: www.goldstamp.org