NYSDOH HCV Rapid Testing Program - Fact Sheet
- "NYSDOH HCV Rapid Testing Program" (PDF, 355 KB, 1pg.)
What is the Hepatitis C Rapid Testing Program?
This program provides free HCV Rapid Test Kits and Controls to agencies that serve populations at risk for HCV.
How do agencies meet the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible, agencies must have:
- A valid CLIA permit.
- Hepatitis C screening protocols, policies and procedures.
- A comprehensive quality control plan.
- A bloodborne pathogen policy.
- Proper space and equipment to conduct the test.
- Staff trained on how to use the test device.
- Staff with a strong understanding of hepatitis C, including the proper counseling messages based on test results.
- The ability to collect and report data to the health department.
- A written linkage agreement with a provider who can perform hepatitis C diagnostic testing and track all referrals.
How do agencies enroll in the program?
Agencies must log-in, complete and submit an online application found on the NYSDOH Health Commerce System (HCS). Click on Applications, then click "H", scroll down to Hepatitis C Rapid Testing.
How do agencies order test kits and controls?
Once an agency has enrolled in the program, hepatitis C rapid test kits and controls can be ordered using the Hepatitis C Rapid Testing Order Form on the HCS.
What are the ongoing requirements of agencies?
Agencies must report data monthly and participate in periodic conference calls and announced site visits.
What training is available for agency staff?
An available webcast provides an overview of the Hepatitis C Rapid Testing Program along with information on the hepatitis C rapid test device. This webcast is available at: www.hivtrainingny.org. Training on the rapid test device is provided by the test device manufacturer. Additional staff training can be arranged by contacting the AIDS Institute Viral Hepatitis Section.