New York State Smokers Quitline - 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487)
"New York State Smokers Quitline - 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487)" is also available in Portable Document Format (PDF, 89KB, 1pg.)
- The Quitline is a free service that provides New York State residents with help when they are ready to stop using tobacco.
- The Quitline is staffed by Quit Coaches who are specially trained to provide information and coaching on a variety of quitting tobacco use topics, such as stop smoking medications, withdrawal symptoms and developing a quit plan.
- Callers to the Quitline can leave a message and request a call back; or listen to motivational messages and daily tips.
- By phone or web, clients can request a variety of resources, including FREE nicotine replacement therapy (the nicotine patch) and fact sheets.
- Clients can join a growing on-line smokefree community that includes blogs, a coaches forum, a savings calculator, and more.
- The Quitline also assists health professionals. Physicians and healthcare providers can use the Quitline service as a referral for their patients' stop smoking plans and to enhance recommended and/or prescribed stop smoking medications.
- Healthcare providers can also call the Quitline to obtain concise, up-to-date cessation information, order office materials that can be shared with their patients, or learn more about the referral program.
- The Quitline provides cessation services to a variety of other clients, including friends and family of tobacco users, health educators, businesses, parents, and students who are looking for information.
- All services of the Quitline are free and confidential. They are available in English and Spanish, with coaching offered in other languages. Services are also available for people who are deaf or hearing impaired. The deaf, hard of hearing and speech disabled can call the NY Relay Service at 7-1-1 (Voice or TTY).
- The Quitline is located at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and supported through the New York State Department of Health.
The New York State Smokers Quitline may be accessed at:
Publication 3485, Revision 10/2011