WIC Foods for Mom and Baby Formula Feeding
"WIC Foods for Mom and Baby Formula Feeding" is also available in Portable Document Format (PDF) in the following languages:
The new WIC foods help you and your baby meet today's nutrition needs as recommended by your health care provider. You can continue to enjoy milk, cereal, eggs, juice, peanut butter or beans plus fruits and vegetables. Your formula feeding baby will receive infant formula in amounts that meet nutrition needs. At six months of age your baby can receive infant food fruits, vegetables, and cereal.
Your New WIC Foods
- Are lower in fat and higher in fiber;
- Improve the variety of foods available;
- Help you maintain your strength to care for your baby.
What You Will Receive
- Two 18 ounce boxes iron-fortified cereal.
Vegetables and Fruits
- $10 cash value voucher for veggies and fruits;
- Two 12 ounce cans frozen vitamin C-rich juice.
- Four gallons of non-fat (skim) or low-fat (1%) milk;
- More allowed substitutions.
- One dozen eggs
- One pound dried beans or peas; or
- Four 15 ounce cans beans or peas; or
- 18 ounces of peanut butter.
- Infant formula
Plus at six months of age:
- Iron-fortified infant cereal;
- Baby food vegetables and fruits;
- All in amounts to meet your baby's individual needs.
Eat WIC foods to keep you strong while you love and take care of your growing baby!
New York State Department of Health