Breastfeed: Give the Gift of a Lifetime to Your Baby
- "Breastfeed: Give the Gift of a Lifetime to Your Baby" is also available in Portable Document format (PDF, 1.4MB, 1pg.)
- "Lactancia materna: Dele a su bebé el regalo único" is available as a Spanish PDF (PDF, 318KB, 1pg.)
- "Breastfeed: Give the Gift of a Lifetime to Your Baby" is available as a Chinese PDF (PDF, 627KB, 1pg.)
The gift of:
- Feeling safe and loved;
- Fewer doctor visits for illness and allergies;
- Doing better in school;
- A better chance for a healthy adult weight; and
- A lower risk of cancer and diabetes.
The First 30 Days
The first 30 days of breastfeeding are the most important because this is the time when:
- You and your baby ger to know each other;
- Your baby gets off to a good start;
- Your body learns to make enough milk; and
- Your baby learns to nurse well.
For help with giving this gift to you baby, ask:
- WIC Staff;
- WIC Peer Counselors;
- WIC Breastfeeding Consultants;
- La Leche League;
- Friends and family who support breastfeeding; and
- Your baby's doctor.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
New York State Department of Health