Now I Can Crawl
- "Now I Can Crawl" is also available as a printable PDF (PDF, 235KB, 1pg.)
- Spanish (PDF, 87KB, 1pg.)
- Chinese (PDF, 1.2MB, 1pg.)
- French (PDF, 67KB, 1pg.)
- Russian (PDF, 1.2MB, 1pg.)
I am getting so big! I am learning to crawl. I may be between 8 and 10 months old.
I may begin to:
- Mash food with my tongue and gums
- Hold and play with a spoon
- Hold small foods with my thumb and finger and bring them to my mouth
- Pull myself up to standing
- Drink well from a cup (start weaning off of my bottle)
When I am hungry, I may:
- Reach for food, point to it or get excited when I see food
When I am full, I may:
- Slow down eating or push the food away
Please do not add honey or syrup to any of my food. It has germs that can make babies sick.
Wait until I am 2 years old to give me peanut butter.
Wait to give me cow's milk, shellfish, whole eggs, egg whites until I am 1 year old.
What I can eat/How much I might eat each day:
|What I Can Eat||Serving Size||# Times per Day|
|Breastmilk||Breastfeed me whenever I show you that I am hungry, about 3-4 times each day.|
|Infant formula||6-8 ounces||3-5 (24-32 oz total)|
|Infant cereal (prepared slightly thick)||2-4 tablespoons||2|
|Meats, egg yolk, cheese, yogurt, beans or tofu (strained/pureed, ground or finely chopped)||2-3 tablespoons||2|
|Vegetables (plain, cooked, strained/pureed, mashed or finely chopped)||3-4 tablespoons||1-2|
|Fruits (strained/pureed, mashed or finely chopped)||3-4 tablespoons||1-2|
|Finger Foods||2-4 tablespoons dry cereal, 1/2 slice dry toast, or 2 crackers||1|
|100% Juice||I can have up to 4-6 ounces in a day, but pureed or finely chopped fruit is better for me. Let me use a cup to drink my juice (not a bottle).|
|Publication 4328||New York State Department of Health||www.breastfeedingpartners.org||This institution is an equal opportunity employer.||Ver. 4/09|