20th Anniversary Symposium "Bioethics and Public Policy Initiatives: Celebrating the Past and Building the Future"
On March 3, 2005, the New York State Task Force on Life & the Law commemorated its 20th Anniversary with a Symposium and Celebratory Luncheon. The event was funded by a generous grant from the Greenwall Foundation.
- Donald P. Berens, Jr., J.D., General Counsel, New York State Department of Health
- Alan Fleischman, M.D., Senior Advisor, The New York Academy of Medicine, and Ethics Advisor, National Children's Study, National Institutes of Health
Panel Discussion Participants
- John D. Arras, Ph.D., Porterfield Professor of Biomedical Ethics, University of Virginia
- Carl H. Coleman, J.D., Associate Professor of Law and Director, Health Law & Policy Program, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Nancy Neveloff Dubler, LL.B., Director, Division of Bioethics, Montefiore Medical Center
- Tracy E. Miller, J.D., General Counsel, Senior Vice President, Catholic Health Care System
- Tia Powell, M.D., Executive Director, New York State Task Force on Life & the Law
Keynote Address: "What Bioethics Can Learn from AIDS Relief in Africa"
Mark Barnes, JD, LLM
Partner, Ropes & Gray
- Samuel Gorovitz, Ph.D., Founding Director, Renée Crown University Honors Program, Professor of Philosophy, Syracuse University and Bioethicist in Residence, Yale University