Community Health Assessment: About Oral Health Data
State Level Indicators
Data Source: BRFSS
- Percent Adults that have visited a Dentist, Dental Hygienist, or Dental Clinic within the the Past Year
County Level Indicators
Data Source: NYSDOH Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics
- Oral Cavity & Pharyngeal Cancer Mortality
Data Source: NYSDOH Cancer Registry
- Oral Cavity & Pharyngeal Cancer Incidence
- Mortality (Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics)
- Rates are based on information recorded on death certificates. All deaths receive an ICD-10 code indicating the underlying cause of death.
For more information, contact Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics at (518)474-3189.
- Crude and Age-Adjusted Rates
- Oral cavity and pharyngeal cancer mortality rates for the total population and among persons ages 45-74 years are presented per 100,000 persons. Age-adjusted mortality rates are presented for the total population, with rates adjusted to the US 2000 population.
- Incidence Age-Adjusted Rates (New York State Cancer Registry)
- Data are based on reports from hospitals and other health facilities that diagnose and treat cancer patients. All primary tumors receive an ICD-O-3 code indicating the anatomic site of origin of the tumor. These data include only invasive malignant tumors. Data are presented for the five-year time period. Rates are adjusted to the US 2000 population.
- ICD-O-3 Code Groupings (International Classification of Disease for Oncology, Third Edition
- The New York State Cancer Registry has adopted the use of the ICD-O-3. All cases diagnosed in 2001 and later are reported to the New York Stated Cancer Registry using ICD-O-3.Cases from 1976 to 2000, which were originally reported using previous editions of ICD-O, have been converted to ICD-O-3 for accompanying data.
For more information, contact New York State Cancer Registry.