Community Health Assessment: About Violent and Abusive Behavior
Violent And Abusive Behavior
County Level Indicators
Data Source: NYSDOH Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics
- Suicide Mortality
- Adolescent (15-19) Suicide Mortality
- Homicide Mortality
Data Source: Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS)
- Hospitalizations Due Self-Inflicted Injury
- Age 15-19
- Hospitalizations Due to Assaults
- Mortality (Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics)
- All deaths receive an ICD-10 code indicating the primary reason for the death. The codes for the rates in this section are as follows: suicide ICD-10(X60-X84,Y87.0) and homicide ICD-10(X85-Y09,Y87.1). The mortality rates are per10,000 population. Both crude and adjusted rates are presented.
For more information, contact Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics at (518)474-3189.
- Hospitalization Rates (Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System-SPARCS)
- Data on hospitalizations are collected through the hospital inpatient discharge data system, SPARCS. Data are not available on events that did not result in a hospitalization, such as cases that were only treated in a hospital emergency room. Each hospitalization receives an ICD-9 code at discharge which indicates the primary reason for the hospitalization. The following are the ICD-9 codes included in the hospitalization based rates in this section: self-inflicted injury (E950-E958), assaults (E960-E968).
The rates presented are per 100,000 persons in a specific age group or the total population. For more information, contact Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics at (518)474-3189.