Model for Improvement - Review of Aim Statement Worksheet
Review of Aim Statement Worksheet (used by team to critique components of their Aim Statement)
Worksheet available in Word format.(doc, 1 page)
Coalition Name: _________________________________________________
Aim Statement being reviewed:
Review the aim statement for the components of a SMART AIM = Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely
- SPECIFIC - Is the statement precise about what the team hopes to achieve?
- MEASURABLE - Are the objectives measureable? Will you know if the changes resulted in improvement?
- ACHIEVABLE - Is this doable in the time you have? Are you attempting too much? Could you do more?
- REALISTIC - Do you have the resources needed (people, time, support?)
- TIMELY - Do you identify the timeline for the project - when will you accomplish each part?
Adapted from: Institute for Healthcare Improvement, How to Improve - Improvement Methods at : http://www.ihi.org/IHI/Topics/Improvement/ImprovementMethods/HowToImprove/