Birth Outcomes Data
New York State
- Maternal & Infant Health
- Provides data on birth outcomes, such as low birth weight, short gestation, infant mortality, etc., and presents a variety of health statistics for residents of New York State, organized by county. The data come from several NYSDOH sources and are organized into 18 health-related categories.
Data source: Vital Records
Timeframe: Annual data for 3 years with average annual rate, updated annually.
Geographical coverage: NY State, region, county (tables and maps)
- Vital Statistics
- This is the main page for access to tables of statistical information from NY State birth, death, divorce, and marriage records presented by year. Technical notes and information for obtaining records is also provided.
Data Source: Vital Records
Timeframe: Annual data, updated annually
Geographical area: Mostly NY State, some tables for New York City/NY State excluding New York City and county.
National and State
- National Vital Statistics Report on Births for 2008 – National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- Provides data by maternal characteristics, such as age, race, medical risk facts, etc., and by infant characteristics, such as birth weight, congenital anomalies, multiple births, etc.
- Birth Data – National Vital Statistics System, NCHS
- Provides links to a wide variety of documents and information on births, including links to state health departments.
- PeriStats – March of Dimes
- An interactive perinatal data resource developed by the March of Dimes that provides maternal, infant and child health-related data with state-level and some county-level indicators.