|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Admission Date/Start of Care||File Location: **Master, De-identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 5|
|Record Positions: 45 - 52||Format-Length: N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1997|
|Deniable Data Element: This field is composed of both non-deniable and deniable components. **The 2-digit day is deniable and is ONLY present on the Master file. The 4-digit year and the 2-digit month are non-deniable and are present on all files. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
This is the date of the patient's admission to the hospital.
Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been a valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in Appendix A.
- Must have been on or before Discharge Date
(Data Element 6 & 7).
- Must have been on or before the Date Processed
(Data Element 107).
- Must have been on or after the opening date, and on or before the closing date, of
an Article 28 facility as specified in the SPARCS Hospital Profile Reference File
maintained by the SPARCS Administrative Unit.
- The age, calculated as the difference between the Patient Birth Date
(Data Element 11) and the
Admission Date/Start of Care, must have been less than 125.
- If the Neonate Birth Weight (Data Element 21) was reported as less than 1500 grams, and the New York State Patient Status (Data Element 22) was reported as code "01" home, then the Length of Stay must have been greater than 10 days.