|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Discharge Date||File Location: **Master, De-identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 6 & 7|
|Record Positions: 53 - 60||Format-Length: N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1997|
|Deniable Data Element: This field is composed of both non-deniable and deniable components. **The 2-digit day is deniable and is ONLY present on the Master file. The 4-digit year and the 2-digit month are non-deniable and are present on all files. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The date when the patient was discharged or death occurred.Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been a valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in Appendix A.
- Must have been on or after the Admission Date
(Data Element 5).
- Must have been on or before the Date Processed
(Data Element 107).
- Must have been on or after the opening date, or on or before the closing
date, of an Article 28 facility as specified in the SPARCS Hospital Profile
Reference File maintained by the SPARCS Administrative Unit.
- If the Neonate Birth Weight (Data Element 21) was reported as less than 1500 grams, and the New York State Patient Status (Data Element 22) was reported as code "01" home, then the Length of Stay must have been greater than 10 days.
Effective 1/1/1998, this field is populated from the reporting of the Statement-Covers-Thru
Date on the input format.