|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Statement Covers Period Thru Date||File Location: **Master, De-identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 16|
|Record Positions: 86 - 93||Format-Length: N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1997|
|Deniable Data Element: This field is composed of both non-deniable and deniable components. **The 2-digit day is deniable and is ONLY present on the Master file. The 4-digit year and the 2-digit month are non-deniable and are present on the De-identified file. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The ending date of the billing period.
For SPARCS submissions the date when the patient was discharged from the hospital or death occurred.Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in Appendix A.
- Must have been on or before the Statement Covers Period From Date
(Data Element 15).
- Must have been the same as the Discharge Date
(Data Element 6 & 7).
- If the Neonate Birth Weight (Data Element 21) was reported as less than 1500 grams, and the New York State Patient Status (Data Element 22) was reported as code "01" home, then the Length of Stay must have been greater than 10 days.