|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Date Alternate Care Required||File Location: **Master, De-identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 19|
|Record Positions: 97 - 104||Format-Length: N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994 - 1/1/1999||Revision Date: January 1999|
|Deniable Data Element: This field is composed of both non-deniable and deniable components. **The 2-digit day is deniable and is ONLY present on the Master file. The 4-digit year and the 2-digit month are non-deniable and are present on all files. Yes - See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The first date that acute care was no longer needed as determined by the UR/PRO Representative. A patient's status can change several times during a hospital stay. If it changed more than once and consequently required a change back from alternate level of care to acute care, the FIRST date that acute care was no longer needed was entered. This date is not necessarily the date the determination was made or the date the level of care was changed; it is the date that acute care was no longer needed.Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been a valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Date must have been on or after the Admission Date
(Data Element 5) and prior to
or the same as the Discharge Date
(Data Element 6 & 7).
- If Date Alternate Care Required was entered, then Type of Alternate Care Required (Data Element 18) and Total Alternate Level of Care Days (Data Element 20) were also reported.