|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Total Alternate Level of Care Days||File Location: Master, De-identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 20|
|Record Positions: 105 - 108||Format-Length: N - 4|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1999|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The total number of patient days associated with all payer sequences submitted at a level of care other than acute.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Must have been less than the Length of Stay
(Data Element 93).
- The number of days must have been less than or equal to the number of days from the
Date Alternate Care Required
(Data Element 19) to the Discharge Date
(Data Element 6 & 7).
- Total Alternate Level of Care Days for multiple payer submissions must not exceed Length of Stay (Data Element 93).
The Total Alternate Level of Care Days for UDS Version 4 submissions was calculated from summation of all payer sequences of reported Alternate Level of Care Days (Data Element 44). The Total Alternate Level of Care Days for UDS Version 5 submissions was calculated from all the Non-Acute Care From and Thru Dates (Data Elements 116 and Data Elements 117) associated with reported ALC Non-Acute Care Types (75, 81, and 82).