|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Neonate Birth Weight||File Location: Master, De-Identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 21|
|Record Positions: 109 - 112||Format-Length: A/N - 4|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1997|
|Deniable Data Element: This is a restricted data element. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The neonate birth weight in grams.Codes and Values:
- Must have been a valid number greater than "99" and less than "9001".
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Birth Weights less than "0099" grams were reported as "0100" grams.
- If the Admission Date
(Data Element 5) was within 28 days of the Patient Birth Date
(Data Element 11), the
Neonate Birth Weight must have been reported.
- If the Neonate Birth Weight was reported as less than 1500 grams, and the New York State Patient Status (Data Element 22) was reported as code "01" home, then the Length of Stay must have been greater than 10 days.