|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Mother's Medical Record Number for Newborn Child||File Location: Master|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 23|
|Record Positions: 115 - 131||Format-Length: A/N - 17|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 1996|
|Deniable Data Element: Yes - See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The medical record number of the newborn child's mother which links the newborn's hospital stay and the mother's stay.Codes and Values:
- Must have been left justified with no embedded blanks and space filled.
- Must not have equaled zero.
- Must have been numeric (0-9) and/or alphabetic (A-Z). Special characters are
- If this field was not applicable it contain blanks.
Must have been present when a valid newborn diagnosis code was entered in the
Principal/Primary Diagnosis Code
(Data Element 68).
For Medicare discharges before 10/01/89 and non-Medicare discharges before 01/01/90, valid newborn codes are:
V300 V301 V310 V311 V320 V321 V330 V331 V340 V341 V350 V351 V360 V361 V370 V371
For Medicare discharges after 9/30/89 and non-Medicare discharges after 12/31/89, valid newborn codes are:
V3000 V3001 V301 V3100 V3101 V311 V3200 V3201 V321 V3300 V3301 V331 V3400 V3401 V341 V3500 V3501 V351 V3600 V3601 V361 V3700 V3701 V371
- When a valid newborn diagnosis code was reported in the Principal/Primary Diagnosis Code (Data Element 68) and the mother was not admitted to the hospital, then all 9's were reported in the Mother's Medical Record Number for Newborn Child.