|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Pre-hospital Care Report Number||File Location: Master|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 24|
|Record Positions: 132 - 139||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994 - 12/31/1997||Revision Date: January 1997|
|Deniable Data Element: Yes - See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The number of the Pre-hospital Care Report Form which documents the care provided to the patient prior to the arrival at the facility by the transport service.Codes and Values:
- Record position 132 must have equaled "2", "3", or "4" and the remaining digits must
have been valid numerically.
- "99999999" was used if the patient arrived by ambulance but the pre-hospital care form
was not utilized or was unknown.
- If the Pre-hospital Care Report Number contained more than eight digits, the number was
considered unknown and coded accordingly.
- This field contains zeros if the patient did not arrive by ambulance.
When the Pre-hospital Care Report Number contained less than eight digits, position 132
was still coded "2", "3", or "4" and the remaining digits were right justified and zero
- Must have been a valid entry.