|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Patient County Code||File Location: Master, De-Identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 34|
|Record Positions: 201 - 202||Format-Length: N - 2|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The code assigned to the county where the patient's principal residence is located on the day of admission.Codes and Values:
- Must have been entered as a two-digit numeric code.
- Must have been valid in accordance with the Zip/County Code Edit Validation Table
in Appendix F.
- For homeless patients, "99" was coded.
- Must have been valid for the Patient's Postal Service Zip Code
(Data Element 36 & 37)
assigned to the patient's principal residence.
- Must have been compatible with Patient's State (Data Element 35). If the Patient's County Code was in New York State ("01"-"62"), Patient's State must have equaled "NY". If Patient's County Code was outside New York State ("88"), Patient's State must not have equaled "NY".
Unknown county codes of "88", were converted to a value of "99".