|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Accommodations Days||File Location: Master, De-Identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 61|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: N - 4|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The number of patient days spent in each type of accommodation during the billing period.Codes and Values:
- Must have been greater than zero.
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Must have been less than or equal to the number of days in the billing
period documented in Admission Date
(Data Element 5) and Discharge Date
(Data Element 6 & 7).
- If Accommodations Days was reported, the other related Data Elements listed in the
Accommodations Information Group Definition (Data Elements 60-64) must also have been reported.
- The total Accommodations Days must not have exceeded Length of Stay
(Data Element 93).
- Accommodations Days times Accommodations Rate (Data Element 60) must equal Accommodations Total Charges (Data Element 62).