|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Inpatient Ancillary Revenue Code||File Location: Master, De-Identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 65|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: N - 4|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The code which identifies the type of ancillary service provided to the patient during the billing period.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Must have been a valid code in accordance with the Inpatient Ancillary Revenue Codes in Appendix I.
- If Ancillary Revenue Code was entered, the other related Data Elements listed in
the Ancillary Services Information
Group Definition (Data Elements 65-67) must also have been reported.
- If revenue codes 001 thru 099 were reported, the associated charges MUST NOT have been included in the totals calculated for the Ancillary Total Charges (Data Element 66), Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges (Data Element 67), Total Ancillary Charges (Data Element 89), or Total Ancillary Non-Covered Charges (Data Element 90).
See Appendix I for the mapping of UBF Ancillary Codes to UDS Ancillary Codes. If invalid ancillary codes were on the UBF, they were mapped into UDS code 0099. All other UBF ancillary codes were mapped as given in Appendix I.