|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Inpatient Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges||File Location: Master, De-Identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 67|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: N - 10|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The charges for ancillary services which were not reimbursable by the primary payer.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- The amount must have been entered in dollars and cents. This amount was defined
with TWO implied decimal places and must have been entered as a positive amount.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.
- Total of individual occurrences of Inpatient Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges
must have equaled Total Ancillary Non-Covered Charges
(Data Element 90).
- If Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges was entered, the other related Data Elements
listed in the
Ancillary Services Information Group Definition (Data Elements 65-67) must also have
- If Ancillary Revenue Codes (Data Element 65) 001 through 099 are reported, any associated charges were NOT included in this total.