|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Principal Procedure Date||File Location: **Master, De-identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 73|
|Record Positions: 1452 - 1459||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: This field is composed of both non-deniable and deniable components. **The 2-digit day is deniable and is ONLY present on the Master file. The 4-digit year and the 2-digit month are non-deniable and are also present on the De-Identified file. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The date the Principal Procedure was performed.Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been a valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in
- If this field was not applicable it contains blanks.
- Date must have been no more than 3 days prior to Admission Date/Start of Care
(Data Element 5)
and before or the same as Discharge Date
(Date Element 6 & 7).
- If Principal Procedure Date was entered, the Operating/Emergency Department Physician 2 State License Number (Data Element 85) and Principal Procedure Code (Data Element 72) must also have been reported.