|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Operating/Emergency Dept Physician 2 State License Number||File Location: Master, De-Identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 85|
|Record Positions: 1709 - 1716||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: Physician license numbers are considered restricted fields whose release is dependent upon abortion edits performed on associated diagnosis, procedure and DRG fields. See "Abortion Record Editing" in Appendix TT. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The professional license number, issued by the New York State Department of Education, used to identify the physician or other health care professional who performed the principal procedure.Codes and Values:
- The first position of this field (position 1709) indicated the category of
license held by the health care professional (see License Code Description in
- Must have been valid numerically for each range of entry within
- Must have been a valid professional license number issued by the New York
State Department of Education preceded by a valid license category code.
- Must have been right justified and zero filled between the first position
and license number.
- If the Operating/Emergency Department Physician or health care professional
did not possess a valid New York State License Number, the License Number of the
Attending/Emergency Department Physician or Chief of Service should have been
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeros.