|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Other/Emergency Dept Physician 3 State License Number||File Location: Master, De-Identified, De-Identified Abbreviated|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 86|
|Record Positions: 1717 - 1724||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: Physician license numbers are considered restricted fields whose release is dependent upon abortion edits performed on associated diagnosis, procedure and DRG fields. See "Abortion Record Editing" in Appendix TT. See Appendix Z for release restrictions.|
The professional license number, issued by the New York State Department of Education, used to identify the physician or other health care professional (other than the Attending Physician or Operating Physician) who was involved in the patient's care or treatment (ie, consulting physician, second operating physician, nurse/midwife).Codes and Values:
- The first position of this field (position 1717) indicated the type of license held
(see License Code Description in Appendix J).
- Must have been valid numerically for each range of entry.
- Must have been a valid professional license number issued by the New York State
Department of Education preceded by a valid license category code.
- Must have been right justified and zero filled between the first position and
- If the Other/Emergency Department Physician or health care professional did not possess a valid
New York State license number, the license number of the Attending Physician,
Operating Physician, or Chief of Service should have been reported.
- If this field was not applicable, it contains zeros.
- Must have been a valid entry.