|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Total Ancillary Charges||File Location: Master, De-Identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 89|
|Record Positions: 1745 - 1754||Format-Length: N - 10|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The total of all Ancillary Charges incurred during the patient's stay.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- The amount must have been entered in dollars and cents. This amount was defined with
TWO implied decimal places and must have been entered as a positive amount.
- If this field was not applicable, it contains zeroes.
- Must have equaled the sum of the individual occurrences of the Inpatient
Ancillary Total Charges
(Data Element 66).
- If Inpatient Ancillary Revenue Codes (Data Element 65) of 001 thru 099 were reported, any associated charges were NOT included in Total Ancillary Charges.
For all converted records, the sum of the individual ancillary charges was placed in this field.