|<< Previous Data Element||Inpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Total Ancillary Non-Covered Charges||File Location: Master, De-Identified|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 90|
|Record Positions: 1755 - 1764||Format-Length: N - 10|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
|Deniable Data Element: No|
The total of all Ancillary Non-Covered Charges during the patient's stay.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- The amount must have been entered in dollars and cents. This amount was defined with
TWO implied decimal places and must have been entered as a positive amount.
- If this field was not applicable, it contains zeroes.
- Must have equaled the sum of the individual occurrences of the Inpatient
Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges
(Data Element 67).
- If Inpatient Ancillary Revenue Codes (Data Element 65) of 001 thru 099 were reported, any associated charges were NOT included in Total Ancillary Non-Covered Charges.
For all converted records, the sum of the individual non-covered ancillary charges was placed in this field.