|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Patient Control Number|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 3|
|Record Positions: 08 - 27||Format-Length: A/N - 20|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: September 1995|
A patient's unique number assigned by the provider to facilitate retrieval of individual financial and clinical records and posting of the payment. This number is usually the same as the Patient's Admitting Number.Codes and Values:
- Must have been left justified with no embedded blanks and space filled.
- Must not have equaled zero or blanks.
- Must have been numeric (0-9) and/or alphabetic (A-Z). Special characters were invalid entries.
- Must have been a valid entry.
- For pre-1994 records converted from the old ASDAP format, the Medical Record Number was used to populate this data element with the leading zeroes dropped from the Medical Record Number.