|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Medical Record Number|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 4|
|Record Positions: 28 - 44||Format-Length: A/N - 17|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
The number used by the Medical Records Department to identify the patient's permanent medical/health record file. This number is not the same as the Patient Control Number (Data Element 03).Codes and Values:
- Must have been left justified with no embedded blanks and space filled.
- Must not have equaled zero or blanks.
- Must have contained numeric (0-9) and/or alphabetic (A-Z) characters only. Special characters were invalid.
- Must have been a valid entry.
- For pre-1994 records converted from the old ASDAP format, the leading zeroes dropped from the Medical Record Number.