|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Admission Date/Start of Care|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 5|
|Record Positions: 45 - 52||Format-Length: N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: January 2003|
The date the patient received ambulatory surgical services at the hospital-based ambulatory surgery facility or free-standing ambulatory surgery center, or emergency services at the Emergency Department.Codes and Values:
- YYYY MM DD = Year Month Day
- Must have been a valid date in accordance with the Date Edit Validation Table in Appendix A.
- Must have been on or before Discharge Date
(Data Element 6).
- Must have been on or before the Date Processed
(Data Element 71).
- Must have been on or after the opening date, and on or before the closing date, of a
hospital-based ambulatory surgery service or free-standing ambulatory surgery center
as specified in the SPARCS Hospital Profile Reference File maintained by the SPARCS
- The age, calculated as the difference between the Patient Birthdate
(Data Element 10)
and the Admission Date/Start of Care, must have been less than 125.
- Emergency Department Only:
The Admission/Start of Care Date can be within four (4) days from the Discharge Date (Data Element 6).
NOTE: The four days takes into consideration the observation time that would be allowable for payment of an Emergency Department visit.