|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Patient County Code|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 26|
|Record Positions: 201 - 202||Format-Length: A/N - 2|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date: September 1995|
The code assigned to the county where the Patient principal residence is located on the day of admission for the outpatient service.Codes and Values:
- Must have been entered as a two-digit numeric code.
- Must have been valid in accordance with the Zip/County Code Edit Validation Table in
- For homeless patients, "99" was coded.
- Must have been valid for the Patient Postal Service Zip Code
(Data Element 28)
assigned to the Patient principal residence.
- Must have been compatible with Patient State (Data Element 27). If the Patient County Code was in New York State ("01"-"62"), Patient State must have equaled "NY". If Patient County Code was outside New York State ("88"), Patient State must not have equaled "NY".