|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Outpatient Ancillary Revenue Code|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 41|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: N - 4|
|Effective Date: 1/1/2003||Revision Date: January 2003|
The code which identifies the type of ancillary service provided to the patient during the billing period.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeroes.
- Must have been a valid code in accordance with the Ancillary Revenue Codes in Appendix I.
- If Ancillary Revenue Code was entered, the other related Data Elements listed
in the Ancillary Information Group Definition must also have been reported.
- If revenue codes 001 thru 099 were reported, the associated charges MUST NOT have been included in the totals calculated for the Ancillary Total Charges (Data Element 45), Ancillary Non-Covered Charges (Data Element 46), Total Ancillary Charges (Data Element 66), or Total Ancillary Non-Covered Charges (Data Element 67).