|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Outpatient Ancillary Total Charges|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 45|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: A/N - 10|
|Effective Date: 1/1/2003||Revision Date: January 2003|
The charges for ancillary services incurred by the patient during the billing period.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- The amount must have been entered in dollars and cents. This amount was defined
with TWO implied decimal places and must have been entered as a positive
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeroes.
- Total of individual occurrences of Ancillary Charges must have equaled Total
(Data Element 66).
- If Ancillary Total Charge was entered, the other related Data Elements listed
in the Ancillary Information Group Definition must also have been reported.
- If Ancillary Revenue Codes (Data Element 41) 001 through 099 are reported, any associated charges were NOT included in this total.