|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Outpatient Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 46|
|Record Positions: See Group Definition||Format-Length: N - 10|
|Effective Date: 1/1/2003||Revision Date: January 2003|
The charges for ancillary services which were not reimbursable by the primary payer.Codes and Values:
- Must have been right justified and zero filled.
- The amount must have been entered in dollars and cents. This amount was defined
with TWO implied decimal places and must have been entered as a positive
- If this field was not applicable it contains zeroes.
- Total of individual occurrences of Outpatient Ancillary Non-Covered Charges must have
equaled Total Outpatient Ancillary Non-Covered Charges
(Data Element 67).
- If Outpatient Ancillary Total Non-Covered Charges was entered, the other related Data
Elements listed in the Ancillary Information Group Definition must also have been reported.
- If Outpatient Ancillary Revenue Codes (Data Element 41) 001 through 099 are reported, any associated charges were NOT included in this total.