|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Operating Room Time|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 47|
|Record Positions: 1322 - 1324||Format-Length: A/N - 3|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
This is the total time in hours and minutes that the patient was actually in the operating room exclusive of pre-op (preparation) and post-op (recovery) time. This time should have been calculated from actual entry into the ambulatory surgery operating room and should have ended at actual departure from the ambulatory surgery operating room.Codes and Values:
- H MM = Hour Minute Minute
- Must have been right justified. Valid hours were "0"-"9" and minutes "00"-"59".
For example, 2 hours and 30 minutes of Operating Room Time will appear as "230".
- Must have been greater than "000".
- There were multiple relationship edits between Operating Room Time, Principal Procedure Code (Data Element 53), and Operating Physician State License Number (Data Element 64).
- For data years prior to 1994, if the Operating Room Time was greater than ten hours it was changed to 9 hours and 59 minutes.