|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Attending/Emergency Department Physician 1 State License Number|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 62|
|Record Positions: 1701 - 1708||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/2003||Revision Date: January 2003|
The professional license number, issued by the New York State Department of Education, used to identify the physician or other health care professional primarily responsible for the care of the patient.Codes and Values:
- The first position of this field (position 1701) indicated the category of license held
by the health care professional (see License Code Description in
- Must have been valid numerically for each range of entry within
- Must have been a valid professional license number issued by the New York State Department
of Education preceded by a valid license category code.
- Must have been right justified and zero filled between the first position and license
- If the Attending Physician did not possess a valid New York State License Number, the License Number of the Chief of Service should have been reported.
- Must have been a valid entry.