|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Operating/Emergency Department Physician 2 State License Number|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 63|
|Record Positions: 1709 - 1716||Format-Length: A/N - 8|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
The professional license number, issued by the New York State Department of Education, used to identify the physician or other health care professional who performed the principal procedure.Codes and Values:
- The first position of this field (position 1709) indicated the category of license held
by the health care professional (see License Code Description in
- Must have been valid numerically for each range of entry within
- Must have been a valid professional license number issued by the New York State Department
of Education preceded by a valid license category code.
- Must have been right justified and zero filled between the first position and license
- If the Operating Physician or health care professional did not possess a valid New York State License Number, the License Number of the Attending Physician or Chief of Service should have been reported.