|<< Previous Data Element||Outpatient Output Table of Contents||Next Data Element >>|
|Data Element Name: Age|
|SPARCS Data Element Number: 69|
|Record Positions: 1793 - 1795||Format-Length: N - 3|
|Effective Date: 1/1/1994||Revision Date:|
The patient's age calculated as of the date of admission.Codes and Values:
- Right justified, zero filled.
- For a patient under one year of age or a newborn, age = "000".
- Not applicable, calculated by SPARCS based on Patient Birth date
(Data Element 10)
and Admission/Start of Care Date
(Data Element 5).
- There were multiple relationship edits between age-specific diagnosis codes and Age
as defined by the Age-specific indicator in the ICD-9-CM reference file obtained
- Certain diagnosis codes have been identified as age exceptions. When these codes are reported in conflict with existing age-specific edits a warning message was returned to the submitter and the Age Warning Flag (Date Element 76) was set.