Summary of Inpatient Output Update for 1998
The items below summarize the changes documented in the SPARCS Inpatient Output Data Dictionary for implementation in calendar year 1998.
- Listed below are the data elements that are no longer required for submission
by facilities to SPARCS effective for all discharges after 12/31/1997.
Element Name Element Number Prehospital Care Report Number 24 Total Acute Certified Days 83 DRG Number Billed 110 Do Not Resuscitate Indicator 113
- The revised date has been added to the footer in all appendices.
- The following ancillary revenue coded added by the National Uniform Billing Committee
is included in Appendix I.
- 637 Self-Administered Drugs
- Grouper version for 1998 added to existing table in
Appendix Y. The orientation and
composition of the table was changed to accommodate yearly updates.
- The following ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes have been added to the list of age exceptions
detailed in Appendix N.
This changes is effective for all discharges after 11/20/97.
331.81 411.89 433.01 433.11 433.21 433.31 433.81 433.91 440.9 454.9 577.2 766.1 767.6