SPARCS 2011 Overview of Training Presentations
Intended audience: Persons who need a refresher to the SPARCS submission process.
- Data Security
- Protecting data
- HCS Security
- Upload permissions
- Sending data
- The Upload Process
- Uploading your data
- Wait for response
- test, test, test
- submission failures
- Submission Results
- Submission results
- Edit reports
- Error files
- How many records passed
- Submission failures
- Correcting your errors
- How to make corrections
- Error codes
- E-Code reporting
- Retrieving Reports and Data
- Retrieving an old Edit report
- Submission History Report
- But I submitted all my records!
- What records does SPARCS not have?
Intended audience: Persons who will be required to send the New Expanded Outpatient Data to SPARCS
- EODC Overview
- Change of Law in 2006 to collect Outpatient Data
- EODC Project implemented in 3 phases
- What data elements will SPARCS be requiring?
- What data elements SPARCS will not be requiring.
- Where can I get information on the OP data requirements?
- Revenue Codes
- Edit Report Data Classifications
- How will this affect my Submission Compliance?
- Edit changes
- 72 hour rule
- Race requirement
- Ethnicity requirement
- Payer ID Edits
- Claim Filing Indicator and SOP
- New Data elements and values
- Date of service
- Medicaid rate code
- Condition code P7
- New claim filing indicators
- New Appendices
- File structure changes
- Non covered and covered days
- Diagnosis codes & Ecode structure change in HI segments
- Payor ID size larger
- Units of service
Intended audience: Persons who are interested in SPARCS Data Quality.
- Stoplight Report - Quality Report Section
- Source of Payment Typology (SoP)
- ICR-SPARCS Comparison
- Handout #1 - Stoplight Report
- Handout #2 - Crosswalk of new SOP codes and SPARCS Claim Filing Indicator
Portions of the above reports include - Purpose of report, Frequency of report, Data Elements used, Criteria for maintaing Quality and meeting Thresholds, why improve reporting?, how to improve reporting, samples of reports
- ICR-SPARCS Payer Comparison Report - Performance Metrics
- Purpose of Report
- Data elements used
- Frequency of report
- Table II - Data element crosswalk-SPARCS Output Payer Type, SPARCS Source of Payment/Claim Filing Indicator, and ICR Line Number Description
- Criteria for maintaining Quality
- Sample of reports for Inpatient, Ambulatory Surgery, Emergency Department
- What the discrepancies are, and where they might be.
- What's next?