Phase I - New York Health Information Security and Privacy Collaborative
The NYHISPC has completed four major stages of work over the course of ten months, including:
- Assessing Variations in Business Practices and the Law Related to the Secure Exchange of Health Care Information
- Developing Solutions to Support Secure Electronic Exchange of Health Care Information While Preserving Patient Privacy
- Developing a Plan to Implement the Solutions
- Finalizing the Assessment, Analysis and Implementation Plans
This work has culminated in two final reports completed in April 2007.
The Department of Health expects to continue to participate in the HISPC through the new Office of Health Information Technology Transformation.
- Final Assessment of Variation and Analysis of Solutions Report - Privacy and Security Solutions for Interoperable Health Information Exchange (PDF, 220KB, 49pg.)
- Appendix H: New York State Legal Analysis by Scenario (PDF, 234KB, 66pg.)
- Appendix I: New York Stakeholder Participation by Phase (PDF, 12KB, 3pg.)
- Final Implementation Plan Report - Privacy and Security Solutions for Interoperable Health Information Exchange (PDF, 108KB, 22pg.)