- 15 minutes to gather participants
- 30 minutes for reading and discussion of articles in the tabloid
- 15 minutes to return participants to their community
Participants in the Program
Six to eight residents works best
Selection of Residents
Residents Strengths and Qualifiers
- Resident must be able to attend and participate in the reading of a tabloid.
- Resident is no longer able to attend and participate.
Physical Environment and Equipment Required
- A quiet private room with no distractions with enough room to place residents in wheelchairs if necessary.
- Tabloid such as the National Inquirer, Globe, US.
One program facilitator
- Appoint a facilitator to learn the program, set it up and be available as a contact person for the participants in the program.
- Train interested staff about how to participate in the program.
- Set up a schedule for the intervention.
- Arrange for a location that is comfortable and private.
- Inform staff of the time, place and frequency of the intervention to allow them to have the appropriate residents ready for the intervention.