Children and Youth Evaluation Services (C-YES)
The Children and Youth Evaluation Service (C-YES) is a statewide program that determines whether a child/youth (under age 21) is eligible for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) for children who do not currently have Medicaid or for children who opt-out of the Health Home Serving Children’s program. To make a referral or learn more information – C-YES
How to refer a child/youth without Medicaid to be evaluated for HCBS
C-YES accepts referrals from individuals and providers including a parent, wider family member, doctor, therapist, school guidance counselor, CBOs and others:
Individual and families should call C-YES so that we can send you a Referral Form in the mail right away! You can mail back the form in a pre-paid envelope at no cost to you.
Call C-YES at 1-833-333-CYES (1-833-333-2937).
Providers and Organizations with secure email methods can download the Referral Form and Health Home Opt-Out Form below. Return the form to: CYESREFERRAL@MAXIMUS.COM Be sure to include the child/youth's name and contact information!
- C-YES Referral Form - English
- C-YES Referral Form - Spanish
- Health Home Opt-Out Form - English
- Health Home Opt-Out Form - Spanish
How do you learn more about HCBS evaluations?
C-YES is available to answer any questions you may have about HCBS and/or our services. Call C-YES at 1-833-333-CYES (1-833-333-2937). TTY: 1-888-329-1541.
- Reminders when working with C-YES regarding Medicaid Eligibility, K-codes, and Transfer Process – August 2021 (PDF)
- Information for Children/Youth and Families regarding Choice of Care Management (PDF)
- C-YES Frequency Asked Questions (PDF)
- C-YES Steps to apply for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) – November 2019 (PDF)
- C-YES Referral Form Instructions – April 18, 2019 (PDF)