Children with Special Health Care Needs Coordinator
Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Coordinators serve as:
- The Early Intervention Official for their county and as such are responsible for providing oversight of a number of important activities in their locality.
- a. Early Intervention (evaluations and services for identified children ages birth to 3)
- b. Preschool supportive interventions (for identified children ages 3 to 5)
- Member of all local school district committees on Preschool Special Education under State Education guidelines
- Acts as a resource for families of identified children in need of special assistance responsible for examining community based service needs and home modifications under the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) guidelines.
- Reviews and determines eligibility and identify needed services
- Responsible for securing and maintaining service and transportation provider contracts within their county and surrounding areas necessary to meet the needs of identified children and their families.
- Coordinates activities with Family Court, various school districts, social service agencies, insurance companies, state and local agencies, identifying problems that may affect the use of outcome of services provided under the program and arranging referrals to appropriate resources for families requiring assistance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either
(a) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Master’s degree in health, public or business administration or closely related field; and one (1) year of experience in health or human services that included planning, resource allocation, program evaluation, or.(b) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor’s degree in health, public or business administration or closely related field; and three (3) year of experience as defined in (a).