Where to Obtain EMS Training in New York State
The New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services offers certification at the following levels:
- Certified First Responder (CFR)
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate (AEMT-I)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician - Critical Care (AEMT-CC)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic (AEMT-P)
Course information can be obtained by contacting one of the following:
Only Bureau of EMS approved Course Sponsors are allowed to teach the New York State Bureau of EMS certification courses listed above.
- EMS Course Sponsors - Updated 2/2015 (PDF)
Each Regional Council receives notification of upcoming courses within their region. The Regional Council should be your first contact to determine what courses are planned for your area.
Most EMS Program Agencies are approved to teach certified instructor courses such as CLI, CIC and instructor updates.
Agencies Eligible for Bureau of EMS Training Reimbursement Funds
- Agencies Eligible (PDF, 160KB)
If you need additional information about EMT training contact the Bureau of EMS Education Unit at (518) 402-0996 Extension 1 then option 4.