Information for Retailers & Distributors

Retailers selling cannabinoid hemp in final form to consumers within New York state are required to obtain a cannabinoid hemp retailer license from the Department.

Cannabinoid hemp products include many cannabidiol or "CBD” products available for purchase today, including tinctures, oils, topicals, pills, capsules and food or beverages that are intended for human consumption or application, for their cannabinoid content. As part of the new Cannabinoid Hemp Program, businesses selling cannabinoid hemp products (both online and in person) are required to obtain a Cannabinoid Hemp Retail License from the Department.

Distributors of cannabinoid hemp products must obtain a Cannabinoid Hemp Distributor Permit before selling or distributing cannabinoid hemp products manufactured outside of New York State to licensed Cannabinoid Hemp Retailers. This ensures that cannabinoid hemp products coming in from out-of-state meet all of the requirements of the Cannabinoid Hemp Program.

APPLY NOW: The Department of Health is now accepting applications for Cannabinoid Hemp Retail Licenses and Distributor Permits. Click HERE to apply.