Talking with Young People About HIV/AIDS & Youth Development
- Youth Development
- Talking with Young People About HIV and AIDS: A handbook for parents and caregivers (PDF, 827KB)
- Spanish (PDF, 1.4MB)
Educational Materials about HIV/AIDS for children
- The Super Sleuths Learn About HIV and AIDS: An activity book for children in grades 4-5 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Spanish (PDF, 3MB)
- Animals to the Rescue: Teaching Kids about HIV (An activity book for children in grades 1-3) (PDF, 4MB)
- Spanish (PDF, 4MB)
Educational Materials about HIV/AIDS for Teens
- New York State Youth Sexual Health Plan: Promoting Sexual Health Through Prevention of HIV/STD and Unintended Pregnancy 2014 (PDF)
- Respect Yourself, Protect Yourself - Learn More about HIV/AIDS (Interactive Quiz)
- Getting It? HIV & STD "Flapper Card" - This card unfolds in a series of flaps, like Japanese origami paper art. Each fold has facts about HIV/STD transmission, testing, and prevention.
- One Good Reason - This poster promotes condom use to reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
- Condom/Abstinence Negotiation Wheel - Two-sided wheel provides suggestions for negotiating safer sex with a partner on one side and how to remain abstinent on the other side.
- True/False Scratch-off Cards - Each card has photos of young people on the front and HIV/AIDS-related statements on the back. Readers scratch off a part of the card to see if the statements are true or false.
HIV/AIDS Curriculum & Comprehensive Sexuality Education Guidelines - Grades K-12
- New York City Department of Education HIV/AIDS Curriculum
- Sexuality Information and Education Council fo the United States (SIECUS) Guidelines for Comprehensive Sexuality Education (PDF Format)
Educational Materials about Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Diseases that can be Spread During Sex (PDF, 406KB)
- What you Need to Know about the links between HIV and STDs (PDF, 375KB)
- STD & HIV Facts (PDF, 1MB)
- Chlamydia: The Silent Threat
- Do You Have Genital Warts?
- Herpes: What 45 million people need to know
- Syphilis: Do you know what to look for?
- STD Wallet Card (4 diseases) (PDF, 183KB)
For additional information about sexually transmitted diseases, please visit our Sexually Transmitted Disease Information page.