World AIDS Day
Where Can I get a Confidential HIV Test?
- NYS Testing site information
- NYSDOH HIV Hotline: 1-800-541-AIDS
Sexual Health Promotion for Young People through Youth Leadership & Community Engagement (SHPYL)
The primary goal of Sexual Health Promotion through Youth Leadership (SHPYL) is to reduce HIV infection, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unintended pregnancies among youth in New York State (ages 13-24) by creating communities that support and promote optimal sexual health for young people. Programs funded through this initiative build on their target community's assets and strengths to create an environment that promotes and supports the sexual health and somprehensive well-being of its youth.
2014 Youth Sexual Health Plan
The NYS Youth Sexual Health Plan is a guide to ensure that accurate sexual health information and quality health services are made available to all youth in New York State.
The Plan addresses HIV, STD, and pregnancy prevention needs of adolescents and young adults and promote positive, healthy, and informed choices regarding sexual health.
Videos of Interest
- Speak Out HIV: 25 Young Gay Men. 25 Inspiring Stories.
- RU+? Take the Time. Take the Test. Take Charge.
- Dena's Digital Story - Let's Stop HIV Together Campaign
- Jamar's Digital Story - Let's Stop HIV Together Campaign
- It Gets Better - The L.A. Dodgers have teamed up with The Trevor Project and the "It Gets Better" Movement for a powerful new anti-bullying message.
- Phillies and It Gets Better - The Philadelphia Phillies have joined The Project to give hope to struggling LGBT youth.
- Tampa Bay Rays and It Gets Better - The Tampa Bay Rays hosted a community taping of their Project video so that fans as well as players could participate.
- It Gets Better from New York
- Blood 2 Blood: Hepatitis C, Piercings, Tattoos and Injection Drugs
Reflections on Past NYS Events
- World AIDS Day 2012 YACAC videos
- Blog post and link to the Facebook/Live Town Hall (November 29, 2011)
- 2014 Youth Risk Behavior Survey Data (June 12, 2014)
- Youth Development information through NYSDOH AIDS Institute
- Talking with Young People about HIV/AIDS (PDF)
- AIDS.gov - HIV/AIDS Basics, Federal Resources, Using New Media, HIV/AIDS Awareness Days, Blogs
- World AIDS Campaign - Information from all over the globe
- Act Against AIDS - CDC campaigns tailored to specific audiences to raise HIV awareness among all Americans.
- Greater Than AIDS
- ACT Youth Network - youth-created content on sexual health, rights, leadership, health and relationships
- Black AIDS Institute - A policy center dedicated to reducing HIV/AIDS health disparities by mobilizing Black institutions and individuals in efforts to confront the epidemic in their communities.
- National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS - Coordinates and organizes the volunteer efforts of Black leadership, including clergy, elected officials, medical practitioners, business professionals, social policy experts, and the media to meet the challenge of fighting HIV/AIDS in local communities.
- Get Yourself Tested - A campaign from CDC, MTV/Viacomm, and partners to promote positive sexual health, STD and HIV awareness and testing.
- National Minority AIDS Council - Dedicated to developing leadership within communities of color to address the challenges of HIV/AIDS. Find information on programs, training, and upcoming summits and conferences.
- ACT for Youth - resource for Positive Youth Development (PYD)
- Human Rights Campaign
- GLAAD - leading the conversation for LGBT equality, and changing the culture.
- It Gets Better Project - created to remind teens in the LGBT community that they are not alone - and it WILL get better.
- The Trevor Project - the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ youth.
- amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research - A nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and the advocacy of sound AIDS-related public policy.
- AIDS Walk: Change the Course of the Epidemic - A directory of AIDS Walks occurring in communities across NYS.
- Balm in Gilead - Faith-based programs to address HIV/AIDS
- Be the Generation - a National HIV Vaccine Initiative on volunteering in HIV vaccine research and clinical trials.